Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week of January 13

Welcome back from Winter Break!

I apologize for not updating last week... my family surprised me with a week long trip to Florida and the Caribbean to celebrate my 30th birthday.
 

I had a blast touring NASA's Kennedy Space Center and am inspired to teach a Science/Social Studies unit of space exploration!  So fun! But I missed all of my fabulous students and am happy to be back for a great school week.

This week we are starting a new novel called The Dollhouse Murders. Don't let the title scare you! It's an intriguing mystery story and you can read a synopsis here. Students will be completing a book report on it over the next few weeks, so make sure to check their progress as there will be several homework assignments pertaining to the reading.


In Math we are still working with fractions. Our class is putting forth great effort with the challenging concepts of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing by fractions. We will be spending a few more weeks on this subject. I am doing my best to keep it enjoyable bringing snacks for the class to divide into fractions. :)

 
Band has ended for the 5th grade school year and I am so proud of my students who performed in the concert. You guys rock and you are so talented!
 
We continue to learn about early colonization in Social Studies and are reviewing states and capitals.


Enjoy your 3 day Martin Luther King Jr. weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment